Note: this is an
archived version which has been superseded. The current SNR
catalogue is at
- Right Ascension: 08 52 00
- Declination: -46 20
- Size (/arcmin): 120
- Type: S
- Flux density at 1 GHz (/Jy): 50?
- Spectral Index: 0.3?
Notes: This remnant overlaps the Vela SNR (G263.9-3.3).
- Radio: Incomplete shell, confused by the Vela SNR.
- X-ray: Harder spectrum shell, confused by the Vela SNR.
- Distance: X-ray data suggest an upper limit of 1 kpc.
- Aschenbach 1998, Natur, 396, 141. ROSAT identification.
- Iyudin et al. 1998, Natur, 396, 142. gamma-ray observations.
- Combi et al. 1999, ApJ, 519, L177. Radio observations.
Last updated: 26 Jul 2000
Dave Green/MRAO, Cambridge, UK/D.A.Green@mrao.cam.ac.uk