Note: this is an
archived version which has been superseded. The current SNR
catalogue is at
- Right Ascension: 08 52 00
- Declination: -46 20
- Size (/arcmin): 120
- Type: S
- Flux density at 1 GHz (/Jy): 50?
- Spectral Index: 0.3?
Notes: This remnant overlaps the Vela SNR (G263.9-3.3).
- Radio: Incomplete shell, confused by the Vela SNR.
- Optical: Possible nebulosity associated.
- X-ray: Non-thermal shell, confused by the Vela SNR, with central source.
- Point sources: Central X-ray source.
- Distance: X-ray data suggest an upper limit of 1 kpc.
- Aschenbach 1998, Natur, 396, 141. ROSAT identification.
- Iyudin et al. 1998, Natur, 396, 142. gamma-ray observations.
- Combi et al. 1999, ApJ, 519, L177. Radio observations.
- Duncan & Green 2000, A&A, 364, 732. Parkes 64-m at 1.4 GHz (14'.0), and comparison with other observations.
- Redman et al. 2000, ApJ, 543, L153. Optical of nearly nebulosity.
- Slane et al. 2001, ApJ, 548, 814. ASCA observations.
- Mereghetti et al. 2001, ApJ, 548, L213. BeppoSAX observations of central sources.
- Tsunemi et al. 2000, PASJ, 52, 887. ASCA spectral observations.
- Pavlov et al. 2001, ApJ, 559, L131. Chandra of central X-ray source.
Last updated: 17 Oct 2001
Dave Green/MRAO, Cambridge, UK/D.A.Green@mrao.cam.ac.uk